Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Killing Time

Kellogg releases their decisions today, which makes this the second longest eight hours of my life. The longest eight hours, for interested parties, was driving home from Chicago after celebrating an over the hill birthday until four in the morning, waking up to watch a marathon, and eating a loaded stack of pancakes. The interstate was infinitely more awfully boring than usual.

Kellogg doesn't tell you how the decision will be released, so I am spending the afternoon glued to my computer and phone. I get that there's a process, but I wish the decision would greet me in the morning so I could enjoy my day. Even better, I wish the decision came two days early. I think if I ever run admissions, I will do just that. Incidentally, should I ever get pregnant (don't worry, I will get a date first), I plan to tell my doctor to tell me a due date that is about two weeks late, so I am pleasantly surprised when the baby comes early. Waiting sucks.

Anyways, I have already browsed the interwebs, taken multiple Buzzfeed tests, and signed up for healthcare. Now, I come to you. My current train of thought is something like this: I haven't been rejected yet, so that's good. Be mentally prepared for rejection. Why wouldn't they want me? Maybe they are saving me for last because they loved me so much. Maybe I should have used a different three words to describe my leadership. This is in God's hands. I am sick to my stomach. What can I eat to distract myself? It's cool to be this invested in something. I say this to say, sorry if this is not the most eloquent of blog posts.

Regardless of the outcome this week, I have a lot of free time on my hands in the coming months. Currently, my routine is: wake up, have a cup of coffee in front of my Christmas tree, read a bit, watch SportsCenter, go to the gym, shower, take a nap, prepare dinner, do one productive thing, wind down with some Netflix. It's a seductive routine, and I cannot become captive to its ease. So, I am noodling on some alternative uses of my time.

1. Move to New Zealand - one of the Buzzfeed tests told me that country best fit my personality.
2. Discover a hidden talent. Maybe I am actually a gifted singer. Or really good at creating recipes. Or I am extremely double jointed and could be a backup dancer.
3. Speaking of backup dancers... Become a groupie. I have always had a thing for guys with instruments.
4. Write a book. Couple of working titles: "Life According to Anna", "Dome Diaries", "The Pursuit" - there's no book titled this, which surprises me - "How to Navigate the Career and Relationship World from the Perspective of Someone Who Currently Has Neither."
5. Become a whiskey connoisseur. This has the two-fold benefit of giving me street cred and mystique.
6. Focus on my blogging. Step it up a notch. Be an opinion columnist. I have a lot of opinions.
7. Create new slang. I like adding "arino" to the end of words. Bloggerino, cheersarino, etc. Maybe I can make it stick.
8. Make money. Nah.

In all seriousness, I know what I want to do. I wasn't able to do it at my last job, and that is why I left. Easy decision. As for the next step, today will help shed some light on which way the door is swinging.

1 comment:

  1. Extremely extraordinary to find such a great blog, I feel lucky examining this.
    https://www.resumeyard.com

    ReplyDelete